A classical extravaganza is taking place later this month to mark the 175th anniversary of Queen’s College.
The independent school in Taunton’s Trull Road has been staging a year of celebrations and the concert on June 29 in the Queen’s Hall (7.30pm) is the latest.
It features the school’s professional Orchestra-in-Residence, the Southern Sinfonia, together with students, staff and Old Queenians (ex-pupils).
A special Concert Chorus is being formed to participate in the evening’s programme, which includes:
- Handel – ‘Zadok The Priest’
- Parry – ‘I Was Glad’
- Mozart – Piano Concerto No 21 in C (featuring OQ soloist, Weng Soon Tee)
- Bizet – Carmen Suite No. 2
- Elgar – Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1
- Strauss – the Radetzky March
Tickets – £15 adults, £10 students – are available from bookings.queenscollege.org.uk or by calling 01823 340880.