If you’re a customer focused Service Engineer with experience in the Food and Drink, Dairy or Manufacturing trade, our small but elite client is looking for you!
We require an experienced engineer candidate to be a pivotal part of the services department for a leading brewing and Cider Making equipment company in Devon: you’ll be accountable for servicing, installing, maintaining, fault diagnosing and repairing equipment.
You’ll maintain a professional manner and ensure the highest level of customer service throughout your working day – our client’s long term relationships are vital, so you’ll be the face of the company in word and deed.
- Servicing, and preventative maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair of equipment,
- Attend breakdowns and perform mechanical, hydraulic and electrical fault diagnosis,
- Carry out repairs in a time and cost-efficient manner,
- Carry out site surveys and list parts / materials required in order to complete the work,
- Communicate effectively with other departments in a professional manner,
- Company compliance and understanding all health and safety requirements of working on site,
- Long term monitoring of products and equipment and suggesting improvements to service to the Engineering Manager,
- Promotion of select and applicable services to customers,
- Excellent, confident and well communicated customer service,
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong numeracy, literacy & PC literacy skills,
- A friendly, approachable, well mannered and “can-do” approach to work,
- HNC or Formal mechanical apprenticeship, with city & guilds / BTEC qualification.2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role working with brewery/distillery/ beverage or dairy equipment,
- Experience with Servo control systems, pumps and controls and fluid control,
- Electrical and Mechanical installation & commissioning skills,
- Knowledge and experience of hydraulics & pneumatics,
- Fabrication abilities & skills,
- Schematics, data & technical drawing knowledge.
- A clean UK driving licence
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team
- A good degree of commercial awareness,
- Commit and uphold the companies Ethical core values: Integrity, Commitment and Teamwork.
Strong candidates will have the ability to take home a competitive pay package and benefits like pension, free parking & Reward Gateway Scheme. You’ll also have the use of a pool van so you will need to be a confident and safe driver.
You will have a working week of Monday – Friday and you will be required to travel UK wide up to 75% of your time: you will be given an subsistence of £25 for overnight stays needed and all accommodation will be booked and paid by the company. There is also opportunity for overtime at 1.5 times basic rate, this is paid for all working or travelling hours outside of normal working hours, however this is not guaranteed and very much dependent on working schedule and stakeholder relationships.
Holiday entitlement: 25 days + bank holidays (5 days have to be saved for Xmas due to company shut down).
If this sounds like the role for you, please contact Ben O’Brien at One Step Recruitment Taunton on 01823 250025. Good luck!
Visit the One Step Recruitment website
Click on this link for more Taunton jobs