The MET office have issued a yellow weather warning for Thunderstorms during Tuesday 30th July which may bring a chance of flooding in places along with possible travel disruption.
The warning is in place from 03.00 – 23.59
A MET office spokesperson commented; “Thunderstorms and outbreaks of heavy rain will arrive across the far Southwest early on Tuesday, then spreading further northeast across England and Wales and increasing in frequency during the day. In a few places there is the potential for 30 mm or rain to fall in an hour or two and 40 mm to fall in 3 hours. Many parts of the warning area will miss the heaviest rainfall.”
What to expect
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds
- There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost.